Guide to Luxury Car Rentals in Singapore
Nowadays, saving up money to buy a really expensive car isn’t necessary (especially in Singapore where luxury cars start at about $160,000!) – Sure, having your own car sounds great, but what if you could simply rent a luxury car to go around town on that special day? Think about it – no hefty down-payments, no maintenance to worry about, no road tax to pay, no insurance to fork out for and no monthly instalments and no additional interest to be paid to any banks or finance company. Only pay for the rental price and petrol – everything else is taken care of by the rental company.
Furthermore, luxury cars are typically rented only for special occasions – honeymoons, marriage, or for that special event in your life. For large organisations, leasing a car for your top executives mean you don’t have to worry about the above that we mentioned.
No matter where you need to go, or when you need to travel, you can rent a luxury car and travel in style, wherever and whenever you need to.
Now, you might be wondering why you should rent a luxury car when you could get a cab or just book a grab/go-jek – well, because this time you get to drive that luxury car you’ve always dreamt of ! Furthermore, there are few restrictions on where you can go or how long you can rent.
Now, let’s talk a little bit about why renting a luxury car is a great idea.
#1: You can pick your dream car
You’ll have the liberty to pick from our range of luxury cars. From brands like Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Rolls Royce and more – we offer a wide range of vehicles for you to choose from.
Our available self-drive models as of 18th Nov 2018 :
(note that some pictures in the links are for illustration only and may not be the actual model you’ll be driving)
Audi A5 White
BMW 318i E90 Black
BMW 7 Series White
Maserati MC Stradale White
Mercedes E200 Cabriolet Black
Porsche Panamera Candy Red
Porsche 718 Boxster White
Volkswagen Beetle White (non-vintage)
We’ll be adding more cars to the fleet as we expand ! You can also request for a vehicle that is not in our list and we’ll be more than happy to assist.
#2: Perfect for that special occasion
It doesn’t matter if you want to rent a luxury car for your birthday, honeymoon or anniversary. Driving in a white convertible on your wedding day may be part of a dream wedding for some.
Other customers would rent a chauffeured car from us to bring around their important client around Singapore – a gesture that will surely leave a good impression on the guests you are trying to impress.
#3 Experience the drive
Cars in Singapore are very expensive. What more luxury continental cars. They cost a fortune to purchase. But these cars command a premium price because they make you feel like a million dollars, from the way it drives, its smooth engine, powerful pickup, packed with features you didn’t even know you needed, and the prestige and feeling of being seen driving around town in a luxury car. What better way to experience all of this than through renting one on your own.
I’ve had friends asking – “i wonder what it’s like to drive a continental car” .. and others asking “i wonder how well a porsche handles” . Well it’s time to find out !
Plus point – most of our cars (except supercars like the maserati) only require a minimum age of 22 years old and 2 years of driving experience! We understand that youngsters may want to get behind the wheel of a luxury sports car – and that’s what we are here to offer.
There are other several reasons why you should definitely rent a luxury car, but why don’t you experience them for yourselves instead of letting us telling you how great it is? After all – actions speak louder than words
How to rent a luxury car from us
You can rent a luxury car easily by contacting us at +65 94557325 or dropping us an enquiry on our homepage. Do stay tuned as we’ll be making online bookings available in the near future, so you can book a car in just a few clicks!
For now though, all you have to do is to tell us what car you’d like from the list we provided above.
Next we need you can inform us of the details of your booking :
Driver’s name and number (and Driver’s IC and License)
Pick up date
Travelling to Malaysia? (note that additional charges may apply for Malaysia usage)
As an example :
John Doe (+65 9810 9153)
21st December 2018
24th December 2018
Confirm your booking and that’s it ! We’ll send you more details and will be waiting for you on your collection date.
Considerations when renting a car
Despite its popularity, not everyone is familiar with renting a car. And we understand entirely - that renting a car may be a new experience for a lot of people. You never had a need to rent a car up till now, and we constantly get questions from new customers on the process of renting, hidden charges, and other matters such as insurance.
FYI, we absolutely hate the practice of having hidden fees and charges. With SG Hired Cars, you know exactly how much your car costs before you book 😎
So, your first time renting a car can be quite confusing and intimidating. So here’s our guide to help you rent a car with a clearer peace of mind.
1. What do you need the car for?
Firstly, you’ll have to establish what you need the car for. Do you need something practical to bring the family for a fun weekend drive up to Malaysia? If so, then a Toyota Vellfire/Alphard will be the perfect choice.
Or perhaps you are getting married and are renting a car for your big day. If so, you’ll probably be looking at renting a wedding car, which is luxurious and comes in 2 choices : self drive or chauffeured.
2. Understanding car rental jargon
In every industry - there are jargons used by insiders to simplify communication. Unfortunately, not everyone is familiar with such terms - so we have listed down some common ones with regards to car rentals so you’ll know what they mean :
Self Drive - you rent a car and drive it yourself (most common type of car rental in singapore)
Chauffeured - you rent a car with a driver. Which means you can lepak in the back seat while the driver drives you around (commonly used for airport transfers, corporates, weddings and for businessmen)
Insurance excess - In the event of an accident, this is how much you are required to fork out before the rest of the claims are paid by the insurance company. This is an important amount to take note of, as you’ll have to pay this amount if you are involved in an accident. Typically, this amount is $3,000, but it also depends on the car make and model.
CDW - Also known as Collision Damage Wavier. You can pay an additional small amount to reduce the excess amount that you pay above. For example, you can pay $200 more to reduce your insurance excess from $3000 to $2000. this is also dependent on the car’s make and model.
Malaysia surcharge - if you are renting the car and driving it into Malaysia, this surcharge may apply since the rental company is taking on more risk by letting you drive the car into Malaysia. The surcharge can be as low as $30 per day, to as high as $100 per day, depending on the car’s make and model.
Deposit - this deposit is required to book the car. The reason for this is simple - car rental companies want to weed out serious customers from those who are just playing around. For us, we require a deposit of 50% of the total rental price to secure the car for you. For example, if you rent an Audi A4 from us at $190 per day, you can put a deposit of $95 to secure the car. On collection day, you can pay the balance of $95 plus any security deposit required.
Security Deposit - Most rental companies require you to put down a security deposit of about $200. This security deposit is refunded to you in full as long as you return the car in the same condition as when it was rented out to you.
Limited Mileage - Some luxury sedans or sports cars can only be driven for a certain number of kilometres each day (for e.g. 200km a day). After that, a per km charge will typically apply. Rest assured, most of our cars do not have a mileage cap 😇
Collection & Return timing - The collection and return time of your rental car is usually the same, since rental rates are charged based on 24 hours. So for example, if you are renting a BMW 520i for 3 days and you collected your car at 5pm on Friday, you must return the car on Monday at 5pm or earlier. (No refunds are given for early returns and extra surcharge may apply for late returns). If you fall in love with the car and decide to extend the car rental duration, you can inform us as soon as possible. Extensions are allowed if your extension period does not clash with any other bookings
Other add-ons - Add-ons such as car delivery to your location, car collection, additional drivers and child seats are available but do check with us on their availability and relevant charges, if any.
Named driver - this is the main person driving the rental car. You can also add on other drivers, if any and they will be known as additional drivers
3. Collection Day
On the day of car collection, do bring along the following :
Your Driving License + additional driver’s driving license
Your Identification Card + additional driver’s IC
Security Deposit (if necessary)
Credit/Debit Card (if necessary)
**Important : Inspect the car first before driving off !! Take note of the mileage, petrol level, any dents or scratches on the car, any funny noises etc. While we do our best to maintain our cars, sometimes unforeseen circumstances do happen since the cars are rented out to a variety of customers.
If you detect something unusual, or have any doubts, do inform our friendly staff so they can advise.
4. Other important matters
Do remember to book your car early to prevent disappointment. Trying to book a car at the last minute is not a good idea, since there won’t be many cars left.
Lastly, remember to adhere and comply with all driving rules and regulations both in Singapore and Malaysia. Any summons or fines racked up during your rental period will be billed to you, and we hate to be the bearer of bad news. So drive safely and carefully , and we hope you have a good car rental experience !
- May 19, 2019 Audi wedding car rentals in Singapore May 19, 2019
- May 18, 2019 5 places to visit in Singapore if you only have a few days here May 18, 2019
- May 13, 2019 8 things to do on layover in Changi Airport May 13, 2019
- May 11, 2019 Jaguar wedding car rentals in Singapore May 11, 2019
- May 6, 2019 Costs associated with car ownership in Singapore May 6, 2019
- May 4, 2019 Turbocharger vs Supercharger - which is better? May 4, 2019
- May 1, 2019 4 places you never have, but should visit in Singapore May 1, 2019
- Apr 30, 2019 Dangerous driving in Singapore - What you should know Apr 30, 2019
- Apr 29, 2019 6 car washing tips Apr 29, 2019
- Apr 27, 2019 Car Rental Guide for the Festive Period Apr 27, 2019
- Apr 24, 2019 5 things to take note of when driving into Malaysia Apr 24, 2019
- Apr 22, 2019 What is a certified pre-owned car? Apr 22, 2019
- Apr 21, 2019 5 tips when driving at high speed Apr 21, 2019
- Apr 20, 2019 Important considerations before tuning your car Apr 20, 2019
- Apr 12, 2019 Wedding Car Rental Guide Apr 12, 2019
- Apr 11, 2019 5 signs that a secondhand car has been in an accident Apr 11, 2019
- Apr 8, 2019 8 brand new cars you can get in Singapore for under $80,000 (April 2019) Apr 8, 2019
- Apr 7, 2019 5 Typical Singaporean Driver Stereotypes Apr 7, 2019
- Apr 6, 2019 6 things to do if you get into a Traffic Accident in Singapore Apr 6, 2019
- Apr 4, 2019 5 amazing driver's cars Apr 4, 2019
- Apr 2, 2019 What makes a good driver? Apr 2, 2019
- Mar 28, 2019 7 Parking Courtesies You Should Practice Mar 28, 2019
- Mar 27, 2019 Guide on how to drive into Malaysia Mar 27, 2019
- Mar 26, 2019 Guide to Luxury Car Rentals in Singapore Mar 26, 2019
- Mar 25, 2019 5 road courtesy rules driving schools may not teach you Mar 25, 2019
- Mar 23, 2019 Which wedding car and decor suits you? Mar 23, 2019
- Mar 20, 2019 5 most popular self drive wedding cars in Singapore Mar 20, 2019
- Mar 19, 2019 5 Most Popular Wedding Cars with Chauffeur in Singapore Mar 19, 2019
- Mar 18, 2019 Wedding cars : With Driver or Self Drive ? Mar 18, 2019
- Mar 12, 2019 Car Fires and How To Prevent Them Mar 12, 2019
- Mar 10, 2019 Why used cars can be a better choice Mar 10, 2019
- Mar 3, 2019 5 Useless Modifications For Your Car Mar 3, 2019
- Mar 2, 2019 Are Hybrid Cars Worth It? Mar 2, 2019
- Mar 1, 2019 Causes of road traffic accidents in Singapore Mar 1, 2019
- Feb 28, 2019 Buy a brand new car or a used car? Feb 28, 2019
- Feb 23, 2019 Harsher Penalties for Motorists in Singapore (for Serious Offences) Feb 23, 2019
- Feb 19, 2019 3 types of car insurance in Singapore Feb 19, 2019
- Feb 16, 2019 Do speed cameras really save lives? Feb 16, 2019
- Feb 15, 2019 5 ways to buy a car in Singapore Feb 15, 2019
- Feb 14, 2019 8 brand new cars you can get in Singapore for under $80,000 (feb 2019) Feb 14, 2019
- Feb 9, 2019 5 things new drivers in Singapore should know Feb 9, 2019
- Feb 7, 2019 List of Abbreviations that Singaporean drivers should know Feb 7, 2019
- Feb 6, 2019 What these 9 symbols on your car's dashboard mean Feb 6, 2019
- Feb 6, 2019 What to look out for when buying a used car Feb 6, 2019
- Feb 5, 2019 How to perform a pre-purchase inspection Feb 5, 2019
- Feb 4, 2019 4 optional extras on a car that you may actually want to pay for Feb 4, 2019
- Feb 3, 2019 5 most important parts of a car Feb 3, 2019
- Feb 2, 2019 6 Tips to help you improve fuel economy Feb 2, 2019
- Jan 30, 2019 6 in-car technologies you need to know Jan 30, 2019
- Jan 26, 2019 Choosing between petrol and diesel powered engines Jan 26, 2019
- Jan 26, 2019 The cars we liked from the Singapore Motor Show Jan 26, 2019
- Jan 23, 2019 4 Benefits of Tire Rotation and how often you should do it Jan 23, 2019
- Jan 19, 2019 3 Wedding Decor Ideas and Themes in Singapore Jan 19, 2019
- Jan 14, 2019 Airport Transfers – What they are and how to get one Jan 14, 2019
- Jan 11, 2019 Audi - Brand Overview - The brand with 4 rings Jan 11, 2019
- Jan 11, 2019 Cost of weddings has increased in Singapore Jan 11, 2019
- Jan 8, 2019 Budget Wedding Car Rentals in Singapore – 8 cars below SGD$400 for 5 hours Jan 8, 2019
- Dec 31, 2018 Porsche - Brand Overview - There is no substitute Dec 31, 2018
- Dec 26, 2018 BMW - Brand Overview - The Ultimate Driving Machine Dec 26, 2018