Wedding Car Rental Guide
Congratulations ! If you’re reading this, it likely means you’re getting married soon :)
You’ve probably decided on other aspects of your wedding, such as your venue, wedding dress, bridal theme etc. and the wedding car is one of the last few things on your mind.
We get a ton of questions from couples regarding our wedding car rentals, so we decided to create this quick guide to help you make a more informed decision.
For example, what are the types of wedding cars available? Well, they fall into 2 big groups : Self Drive and Chauffeured cars.
Self drive means you drive the cars yourself, and Chauffeured means the car comes with a driver. To see our most popular self drive cars, click here. To see our most popular chauffeured cars, click here.
If you are unsure on which option to go for, let us quickly help you by mentioning that we usually recommend going for a wedding car with driver.
This is because :
1. It is less hassle for you since you don't have to drive the car and worry about petrol, parking, ERP, returning the car etc. Just relax in the back seat with your spouse #likeaboss 😎
2. Our chauffeured wedding cars are typically newer models as compared to self drive cars
3. Wedding decor time the day before the wedding is complimentary for most of our chauffeured cars !
However, the downside of a chauffeured wedding car is that it is usually bit more expensive as compared to the self drive ones.
You can also split our wedding cars into 3 groups :
Prestige - for those who are going all-out for their big day, we have a Rolls Royce Ghost, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Maserati Gran Turismo and Maserati Quattroporte. Yes, these cars are expensive but they’ll make you wanna show off your wedding photoshoot pictures to the world !
Vintage - only the Vintage VW Beetle is available
Additionally, here are some factors to consider when deciding on a bridal car :
1. Time - how long will the car be rented?
2. Consistency - does the car you have chosen go well with your wedding theme? For example, an old vintage car would probably not go well with a luxury wedding theme
3. Price - Is the car within your budget? Some couples are willing to spend more on a nicer wedding car since they will be using it for their photoshoot etc, while others are simply looking for a simple and affordable car to be chauffeured in. It all depends on your preference
Wedding Car Prices
How much does it cost to rent a wedding car?
A normal wedding car typically costs about $200+ for 4 hours, $300+ for 6 hours, with a driver. Self drive wedding cars can be cheaper, but the car model may be older as well.
FAQs before couples rent a wedding car :
Is there an alternative/cheaper car model as compared to our first choice?
You can refer to our list of wedding cars at https://www.sghiredcars.com/cars
Any additional charges if we exceed the agreed rental duration?
Additional charges depends on the car. Typically it ranges from $40 to $90 per hour depending on the car if you were to extend the hours on the day itself. However, this is also subject to the car’s availability as some of our cars have back to back bookings.
We highly suggest couples to allow for some buffer time. From experience, weddings rarely follow the scheduled timing due to delays.
Is there an extra charge for making additional trips? How much is that?
Most of our cars (with the exception of prestige models like the Bentley and Rolls Royce) do not have a trip limit. We charge by the number of hours, not the number of trips made 😄
Is the car exclusive for the bride and groom's use only?
As our wedding cars are typically 4/5 seater models, you can bring along your friends/family members in the wedding car as well
Can you provide the wedding car decoration? How much do you charge for that?
Yes we can. We work with bridal companies and freelance wedding decorators to offer this service. You can browse our wedding decorations here. Prices start from about $128 and can go up to $200+ for more complex designs.
How soon do we have to make a reservation and down payment?
We recommend couples to make their reservations ASAP so they can get the car of their choice. Do note we do not do any soft bookings. We can only reserve the car once a 50% deposit is received. An invoice will be sent to you after we have successfully received your payment.
What modes of payment do you accept?
We accept bank transfers/PayNow for deposit. We are currently working to allow customers to pay via credit card
Can I put my own decor on the car?
Yes you can. However do be mindful not to damage the car, and take note that we have seen some customer’s decorations staining our cars when it rains. Charges apply for getting the stains removed and/or damages to the car as a result of the decoration. Rest assured, these are very rare cases 😅
Do you have another car for me to transport my family and friends?
If you need to provide a car for your family/bridesmaids/groomsmen, we would highly recommend getting them chauffeured in a Toyota Alphard/Vellfire, which can seat 6 or 7 people comfortably, excluding the driver.
- Apr 16, 2019 Why renting a wedding car is worth it Apr 16, 2019
- Apr 13, 2019 Which wedding car suits your personality? Apr 13, 2019
- Apr 12, 2019 Wedding Car Rental Guide Apr 12, 2019
- Apr 11, 2019 5 signs that a secondhand car has been in an accident Apr 11, 2019
- Apr 9, 2019 3 types of wedding cars Apr 9, 2019
- Apr 8, 2019 8 brand new cars you can get in Singapore for under $80,000 (April 2019) Apr 8, 2019
- Apr 7, 2019 5 Typical Singaporean Driver Stereotypes Apr 7, 2019
- Apr 6, 2019 6 things to do if you get into a Traffic Accident in Singapore Apr 6, 2019
- Apr 4, 2019 5 amazing driver's cars Apr 4, 2019
- Apr 2, 2019 What makes a good driver? Apr 2, 2019
- Mar 28, 2019 7 Parking Courtesies You Should Practice Mar 28, 2019
- Mar 27, 2019 Guide on how to drive into Malaysia Mar 27, 2019
- Mar 26, 2019 Guide to Car Rentals in Singapore Mar 26, 2019
- Mar 25, 2019 5 road courtesy rules driving schools may not teach you Mar 25, 2019
- Mar 23, 2019 6 singapore wedding car decoration ideas Mar 23, 2019
- Mar 20, 2019 5 most popular self drive wedding cars in Singapore Mar 20, 2019
- Mar 19, 2019 5 Most Popular Wedding Cars with Chauffeur in Singapore Mar 19, 2019
- Mar 18, 2019 Wedding cars : With Driver or Self Drive ? Mar 18, 2019
- Mar 12, 2019 Car Fires and How To Prevent Them Mar 12, 2019
- Mar 10, 2019 Why used cars can be a better choice Mar 10, 2019
- Mar 3, 2019 5 Useless Modifications For Your Car Mar 3, 2019
- Mar 2, 2019 Are Hybrid Cars Worth It? Mar 2, 2019
- Mar 1, 2019 Causes of road traffic accidents in Singapore Mar 1, 2019
- Feb 28, 2019 Buy a brand new car or a used car? Feb 28, 2019
- Feb 23, 2019 Harsher Penalties for Motorists in Singapore (for Serious Offences) Feb 23, 2019
- Feb 19, 2019 3 types of car insurance in Singapore Feb 19, 2019
- Feb 16, 2019 Do speed cameras really save lives? Feb 16, 2019
- Feb 15, 2019 5 ways to buy a car in Singapore Feb 15, 2019
- Feb 14, 2019 8 brand new cars you can get in Singapore for under $80,000 (feb 2019) Feb 14, 2019
- Feb 9, 2019 5 things new drivers in Singapore should know Feb 9, 2019
- Feb 7, 2019 List of Abbreviations that Singaporean drivers should know Feb 7, 2019
- Feb 6, 2019 What these 9 symbols on your car's dashboard mean Feb 6, 2019
- Feb 6, 2019 What to look out for when buying a used car Feb 6, 2019
- Feb 5, 2019 How to perform a pre-purchase inspection Feb 5, 2019
- Feb 4, 2019 4 optional extras on a car that you may actually want to pay for Feb 4, 2019
- Feb 3, 2019 5 most important parts of a car Feb 3, 2019
- Feb 2, 2019 6 Tips to help you improve fuel economy Feb 2, 2019
- Jan 30, 2019 6 in-car technologies you need to know Jan 30, 2019
- Jan 26, 2019 Choosing between petrol and diesel powered engines Jan 26, 2019
- Jan 26, 2019 The cars we liked from the Singapore Motor Show Jan 26, 2019
- Jan 23, 2019 4 Benefits of Tire Rotation and how often you should do it Jan 23, 2019
- Jan 19, 2019 3 Wedding Decor Ideas and Themes in Singapore Jan 19, 2019
- Jan 14, 2019 Airport Transfers – What they are and how to get one Jan 14, 2019
- Jan 11, 2019 Audi - Brand Overview - The brand with 4 rings Jan 11, 2019
- Jan 11, 2019 Cost of weddings has increased in Singapore Jan 11, 2019
- Jan 8, 2019 Cheap Wedding Car Rentals in Singapore – 8 cars you can get below SGD$400 for 5 hours Jan 8, 2019
- Jan 4, 2019 Luxury Car Rentals in Singapore – Why and How to Rent Jan 4, 2019
- Jan 2, 2019 Wedding car rentals in Singapore – What to know Jan 2, 2019
- Dec 31, 2018 Porsche - Brand Overview - There is no substitute Dec 31, 2018
- Dec 26, 2018 BMW - Brand Overview - The Ultimate Driving Machine Dec 26, 2018