8 brand new cars you can get in Singapore for under $80,000 (April 2019)
With COE prices now still at (relatively) affordable prices, albeit higher than the past few months, we take a look at some of the best cars you can get brand new under $80,000, as at April 2019.
We previously wrote another article on some of the brand new cars you can get in Singapore for under $80,000 (February edition), which you can check out here if you’d like.
COE prices for April 2019 for your reference :
Cat A : $29,159
Cat B : $43,102
Cat E : $48,209
The biggest differences between Feb 2019 and April 2019 COE prices are in Cat B and Cat E.
So what are some of the top choices if your budget for a brand new car is $80,000 ?
With a 1.3 litre engine producing 98 bhp, the honda fit is an affordable brand new car. It is also very popular in Singapore because of the reliable honda badge, and extremely economical with fuel consumption standing at 19.6km/l.
If the engine isn’t powerful enough for you, why not consider the Honda Fit Hybrid - with prices starting at $80,000. This 1.5 litre engine bumps the power output to 135 brake horsepower and fuel economy at a mind boggling 37.2 km/l. With a 40 litre fuel tank, this car can do about 1200 - 1480 km per tank !
Do also consider the Honda Jazz from Kah Motor (which is the official Honda dealer in Singapore). The Honda Jazz is essentially the same car as the Honda Fit but with a different name.
Look at it ! At this price point, that is one stylish looking car. With a 1 litre turbocharged engine, this car produces a respectable 118 brake horsepower, with a fuel consumption rating of 18.5 km/litre. This car also looks similar to the Audi Q2 from certain angles, and the small but punchy 1 litre turbocharged engine means you get good performance while paying very little road tax.
If the Toyota Wish is not your cup of tea, and the current price ($115,000) is out of reach - then a serious contender to that car would be the Honda Shuttle. With a modern looking front and simple looking interior, the Honda Shuttle is a great buy at just $78,000 for the base model. The Honda Shuttle comes with a 1.5 litre engine producing 130 brake horsepower, while fuel efficiency stands at an outstanding 21.8km/l.
If the Honda City is too common, you may want to consider the Hyundai Accent. This car is cheaper at $69,999 - but comes with lesser power, higher fuel consumption and a smaller engine.
This car also comes in a manual for those who want to feel more connected to the drive, and it’s stylish looks sets it apart from other cars in this segment.
The new Hyundai Avante gets a fresh look with sharper lines and daytime running lights. The interior is also a big step up from the previous Avante and looks excellent for a car in this class and price range. Speaking of price, the Hyundai Avante starts at $76,999 for the base model and comes with a 1.6 litre engine producing 126 brake horsepower. Fuel economy stands at a respectable 14.9 km/l
One of the more stylish looking cars in our list - the Cerato starts at $73,999. It comes with a 1.6 litre engine that produces 126 brake horsepower, and does 15.1km/l.
The exterior of this car is really stylish and modern. Suffice to say, it’s a good looking car ! The interior of the Kia Cerato also looks really good, with quality materials used throughout the cabin, and an impressive infotainment system.
This is one name you are definitely familiar with, and is a top choice for many drivers for it’s well known badge and reliability. The new Toyota Vios now looks sportier than ever, even if the interior has not changed much. Prices start at $75,988 for a Toyota Vios with 1.5 litre engine, producing 106 brake horsepower and fuel efficiency figure of 17.2km/l.
The new Suzuki Swift is one good looking car, and it even reminds us of the Mini Cooper ! With a 1 litre turbocharged engine, this car produces 109 brake horsepower and an excellent fuel efficiency figure of 17.5km/l.
Aside from the frugal engine, your road tax will only be $392 per year, which is cheaper than some class 2 motorcycles ! The interior look and quality is also a big upgrade from the previous generation Suzuki Swift, so this is one serious contender if you’re looking for a small, affordable car.
- Apr 16, 2019 Why renting a wedding car is worth it Apr 16, 2019
- Apr 13, 2019 Which wedding car suits your personality? Apr 13, 2019
- Apr 12, 2019 Wedding Car Rental Guide Apr 12, 2019
- Apr 11, 2019 5 signs that a secondhand car has been in an accident Apr 11, 2019
- Apr 9, 2019 3 types of wedding cars Apr 9, 2019
- Apr 8, 2019 8 brand new cars you can get in Singapore for under $80,000 (April 2019) Apr 8, 2019
- Apr 7, 2019 5 Typical Singaporean Driver Stereotypes Apr 7, 2019
- Apr 6, 2019 6 things to do if you get into a Traffic Accident in Singapore Apr 6, 2019
- Apr 4, 2019 5 amazing driver's cars Apr 4, 2019
- Apr 2, 2019 What makes a good driver? Apr 2, 2019
- Mar 28, 2019 7 Parking Courtesies You Should Practice Mar 28, 2019
- Mar 27, 2019 Guide on how to drive into Malaysia Mar 27, 2019
- Mar 26, 2019 Guide to Car Rentals in Singapore Mar 26, 2019
- Mar 25, 2019 5 road courtesy rules driving schools may not teach you Mar 25, 2019
- Mar 23, 2019 6 singapore wedding car decoration ideas Mar 23, 2019
- Mar 20, 2019 5 most popular self drive wedding cars in Singapore Mar 20, 2019
- Mar 19, 2019 5 Most Popular Wedding Cars with Chauffeur in Singapore Mar 19, 2019
- Mar 18, 2019 Wedding cars : With Driver or Self Drive ? Mar 18, 2019
- Mar 12, 2019 Car Fires and How To Prevent Them Mar 12, 2019
- Mar 10, 2019 Why used cars can be a better choice Mar 10, 2019
- Mar 3, 2019 5 Useless Modifications For Your Car Mar 3, 2019
- Mar 2, 2019 Are Hybrid Cars Worth It? Mar 2, 2019
- Mar 1, 2019 Causes of road traffic accidents in Singapore Mar 1, 2019
- Feb 28, 2019 Buy a brand new car or a used car? Feb 28, 2019
- Feb 23, 2019 Harsher Penalties for Motorists in Singapore (for Serious Offences) Feb 23, 2019
- Feb 19, 2019 3 types of car insurance in Singapore Feb 19, 2019
- Feb 16, 2019 Do speed cameras really save lives? Feb 16, 2019
- Feb 15, 2019 5 ways to buy a car in Singapore Feb 15, 2019
- Feb 14, 2019 8 brand new cars you can get in Singapore for under $80,000 (feb 2019) Feb 14, 2019
- Feb 9, 2019 5 things new drivers in Singapore should know Feb 9, 2019
- Feb 7, 2019 List of Abbreviations that Singaporean drivers should know Feb 7, 2019
- Feb 6, 2019 What these 9 symbols on your car's dashboard mean Feb 6, 2019
- Feb 6, 2019 What to look out for when buying a used car Feb 6, 2019
- Feb 5, 2019 How to perform a pre-purchase inspection Feb 5, 2019
- Feb 4, 2019 4 optional extras on a car that you may actually want to pay for Feb 4, 2019
- Feb 3, 2019 5 most important parts of a car Feb 3, 2019
- Feb 2, 2019 6 Tips to help you improve fuel economy Feb 2, 2019
- Jan 30, 2019 6 in-car technologies you need to know Jan 30, 2019
- Jan 26, 2019 Choosing between petrol and diesel powered engines Jan 26, 2019
- Jan 26, 2019 The cars we liked from the Singapore Motor Show Jan 26, 2019
- Jan 23, 2019 4 Benefits of Tire Rotation and how often you should do it Jan 23, 2019
- Jan 19, 2019 3 Wedding Decor Ideas and Themes in Singapore Jan 19, 2019
- Jan 14, 2019 Airport Transfers – What they are and how to get one Jan 14, 2019
- Jan 11, 2019 Audi - Brand Overview - The brand with 4 rings Jan 11, 2019
- Jan 11, 2019 Cost of weddings has increased in Singapore Jan 11, 2019
- Jan 8, 2019 Cheap Wedding Car Rentals in Singapore – 8 cars you can get below SGD$400 for 5 hours Jan 8, 2019
- Jan 4, 2019 Luxury Car Rentals in Singapore – Why and How to Rent Jan 4, 2019
- Jan 2, 2019 Wedding car rentals in Singapore – What to know Jan 2, 2019
- Dec 31, 2018 Porsche - Brand Overview - There is no substitute Dec 31, 2018
- Dec 26, 2018 BMW - Brand Overview - The Ultimate Driving Machine Dec 26, 2018